About A Girl has been out for a couple of months now and you all seem to have very strong opinions about the men in the book.
Obviously, as the lady who wrote them, I also have strong opinions but as a lady who doesn’t know exactly what’s going to happen in the next book, I am struggling more than the rest of you with who Tess should choose.
So here’s a little reminder of where we’re at:
- Tess has been in love with Charlie for, like, ever (to quote Tay Swift)
- Granted, he was a blind fool and didn’t notice but we’ve all bee there, amiright?
- He did cock up the hook up… silly Charlie
- But the reason he cocked it up is because he’s not a smooth, super experienced player (I’m looking at you, Nick) and he was freaked out by feelings for someone he’s always thought of as his best friend!
- I will also accept that he shouldn’t have done rudies with a certain other person in the book…
- …but he didn’t know Tess loved him! And he’s just a man with a willy! And she’s hot! Hot girls make boys stupid!
- He has had a difficult childhood and Tess has always been like family to him (sniff)
- And when they did ‘do it’, it was dead good
- And he truly, truly does love her
- They share a lot of the same ambitions and values and that stuff is important to Tess
- But at the same time, he doesn’t like to go on planes and that’s a bit of an issue
- He plays football and he’s got really nice legs. And excellent hair
- And once more with feeling, he really, really does love her…
- Nick is really hot. Nothing specific, just drop-your-knickers-immediately, stupid hot
- He’s super smart and adventurous and passionate and bold and interesting
- Did I mention that he’s hot?
- But Nick also has his fair share of issues – loooots of baggage
- He’s emotionally removed and unreliable – would he really be there for Tess?
- One minute he is making a huge romantic gesture and the next, he’s vanished without a word
- We don’t really know his story, he could be entirely full of it
- But he is ever so attractive and quick and annoying and grrrrr
- Maybe he just needs the love of a good woman?
- But maybe that’s a terrible cliche and Tess isn’t that stupid?
- Nick could really, really break her heart…
- …but would she regret it if she didn’t give it a shot?
- Even though he has completely disappeared and we don’t even know if a relationship is even on the table
- Should Tess really give up the future she always wanted with Charlie for the mystery box?
Let the debate begin!
#aboutagirl #teamnick #teamcharlie